– In order to increase the impact of academic research, it is important that we develop and strengthen national and international networks for knowledge transfer and translation.
– There is a dynamic interplay between knowledge creation, product development and market adoption; each co-evolves within an interconnected system of actors. TESLA will apply approaches from Design Thinking to support concurrent rather than sequential research, development and commercialisation activities, thereby accelerating the selection and the increasing the fitness of emerging technologies, products and services.
– Research creates new knowledge and new technologies, which often lead to innovation with commercial and societal impact. TESLA will explore ways to accelerate innovation and amplify impact, through using design-led interdisciplinary approaches to innovation.
– Businesses sell products and services into a competitive global market-place, by leveraging information technology and an efficient global supply chains. It has been said that “Businesses don’t compete, supply chains do.” TESLA will increase our capacity to design, develop and deliver products and services into international markets by applying research into business, legal and design methods.
– Knowledge transfer is not just one way, however; by collaborating with industrial and commercial partners, we are able to maintain the professional relevance of the undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum, which is crucial to the employability of our graduates.
– Increasingly open innovation-networks, processes and communication technologies promise to further accelerate the development and adoption of new technologies, products and services. TESLA will strengthen interdisciplinary collaboration within a diverse, adaptive and sustainable ecology of academic, industrial and commercial partners.
Tesla is a transnational innovation project supporting pilot actions for early-stage technology-based enterprises in North West Europe.
The Acronym Tesla is derived from two focal points;
Transnational Ecosystem & Laboratory and Actions..